2014 School of Environmental and Forest Sciences Graduation Celebration
SEFS Celebration FAQ:
- When is the SEFS graduation celebration typically held?
On the last Friday of Spring Quarter, with a reception following at the School.
- Where is the SEFS graduation celebration typically held?
In Kane 120 (wheelchair and stroller accessible reception following in Anderson).
- Do I need to RSVP?
Yes! Take our graduation survey, which will be available soon, to RSVP for the graduation ceremony.
- Who can participate?
All students who graduated in the Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer Quarters of the current academic year may participate.
- How many family members and friends can I bring, and will they need tickets?
No tickets are required, but space is limited in Kane 120, so we are setting up a live feed in Kane 220 to accommodate extra/overflow guests.
- Do I need a cap and gown?
Caps and gowns are not required, but business casual dress is encouraged.
- What is the program like?
The formal program typically consists of an invited speaker, two student speakers chosen by graduating students, naming of the graduates, and group pictures.
- Will my name be read during the program?
Yes! Names and personal statements will be read for each student attending the celebration.
- Will there be refreshments?
Yes! All participants are invited to a cupcake reception in Anderson Hall following the program.
- Will there be a printed program with my name listed?
Printed programs will be available with all the names that have been provided by the Registrar's Office for that academic year.
- What about parking?
Students should arrange for parking through the UW Commencement website - scroll down to the section on Parking for School, College, and Departmental Ceremonies.